Wednesday, February 2, 2011
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I got a masters degree.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I wrote a fear list. Twelve things I have always wanted to do, but have been too afraid to do. My goal was to do one a month till they were all crossed off, I did five of them. But I really enjoyed doing that, and I think I’ll probably do something similar this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hooboy, was this ever a banner year for Haynie births! Megan, Diana, Maria and Sarah all had babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I am officially hereby changing this question forever. It will now read:
5. What trips did you take?
This was the year of fabulous beach vacations for me. In April I went to San Francisco, In May I went to Catalina, and in July I went to fabulous Oahu and Maui! On the non-beach front I also spent Thanksgiving in Delta, Utah (with a side trip to Provo to see the Bangerters), and I am currently in Idaho, where I wear a daily minimum of two pairs of pants, much to the amusement of my hosts. Ooh! And we spent the day in Wyoming. So. You know. Add that to the list.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Probably a new car…my beloved Betty stopped working in, oh, I don’t know…January? It’s probably time to get on that.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I got my job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nanowrimo yet again. But I can’t even feel bad about it…I wrote thirty pages and I’m still working on it. Excitement!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Same old same old.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Mah Kindle. L-U-V LOVE.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends, who consistently give me opportunities to dress up
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
You know, I quite like myself, and generally enjoy being me. But whenever I see this question the things that pop into mind are my own mistakes, character flaws and missteps. I think I appall and depress myself more than anyone I can think of. But fortunately my strengths, talents, and artistic abilities help me see that there is change, there is balance, and there is forgiveness.
14. Where did most of your money go?
For the last time I will have to say: Cal State LA!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The gaga party, Club 33, the release of Mocking Jay,
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Is it too sad to put Bad Romance down? I mean I KNOW! Unoriginal. But seriously, I sang that song soooo much this year. It’s got to be Gaga.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Deffo fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Eh, richer, but considering I had a salary of zero last year that is not saying much.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read books, read my scriptures, doing chores on time, laughing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Reading blogs, being online, procrastinating,
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve I spent with my family eating dinner, cracking crackers, wearing paper crowns, and watching pugs play with each other in the living room. Christmas morning we opened presents with the fam, and then Alex and I jumped in the car and drove all the way to Idaho to spend the week with his family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Why yes I did.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I guess 30 Rock and Community. No good dramas at the moment, que lastima.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Dumb question, I’m deleting it after this year.
24. What was the best book you read?
Mocking Jay, Watership Down, Cold Mountain and The Help were all great reads.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I honestly didn’t have one. I’m terrible at discovering music. Maybe I’ll make musical discovery a resolution for 2011.
26. What did you want and get?
A job, a degree, a boyfriend and a trip to Hawaii.
27. What did you want and not get?
Honestly, I got so many things in this last year that to answer this question feels a little ungrateful and Veruca Saltesque. But you know, if we’re going with it…a car.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Inception and True Grit. [Edit: I didn't see The King's Speech until after New Years]
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to a luau in Oahu, and I turned 27.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Is it crass if I just blatantly say more money? You know what? That doesn’t even matter. This year was incredibly satisfying. No additions needed.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Pencil skirts at work, skinny jeans for play.
32. What kept you sane?
Friends. Forever and Always. Which I’m pretty sure is the title of Justin Bieber’s memoir, but there you go.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m having a real Neal Patrick Harris phase
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I very consciously spent most of this year not getting stirred by political issues. I hid everyone in my facebook stream who often writes politically charged updates, and kind of stopped listening to or reading the news. I’m much less informed but also significantly more cheerful about politics in general. In the new year I’m going to start adding the news back in, but I think I’ll try to keep my political angst to a minimum. And I’ll just say, facebook is not the place for politics…oh no it is not.
35. Who did you miss?
Bianca, who kept fleeing for rotations.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Leaps of faith are hard…but you can end up some really good places when you make them./Sometimes I am sappy.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I might get rid of this question too. Mostly cause I can never answer it.
Happy New Year! [One month late.]