1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got video taped every Thursday night for two months doing fake counseling appointments.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any. And if I did I was too strung out on Darvocet to remember. I keep resolving to write more in this blog, but who knows if that will happen? People should keep sending me things to fill out like this. That makes for FASCINATING reading!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Uh, so so so so many. Crystal and Maria each had one, Lacie had twins, Jamee had Vivian like ten minutes ago, and Amanda is set to pop any second. I'm beginning to think I'm a fertility charm of some kind.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Just Perkins the Houseplant. No one who reads this blog will get that reference. Sorry.
5. What countries did you visit?
This survey is making me feel boring.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
So many things, but I don't want to tell you in case it makes me sound greedy.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4th. I didn't really expect to be as moved by the election as I was, but watching thousands of people across the Nation weep with joy, and hearing Barak Obama's acceptance speech and even McCain's gracious concession speech filled me with pride in my country.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess I'd say either getting into graduate school, surviving finals, or getting my time on web sudoku down to 2:41.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Didn't win Publishers Clearing House AGAIN this year. Does that thing still exist?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just the usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My Nikon D40. Excuse me while I go make out with it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lauren's and Bianca's for staying up all night at the library to finish papers/study for med school finals. And mine for graciously supervising. And not distracting in any way.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lacie's, for continually having babies in another state.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To Cal State LA.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The election. And the season finale of Battlestar Galactica. Just love me.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Paper Planes by M.I.A.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? I think a tiny bit thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer. Which is a sad testament to how poor I was last year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing, laughing and relaxing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my house with my family, then I spent the next day on the road for the annual treck to Utah for a Haynie wedding.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Just with my new camera.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Doctor Who or Pushing Daisies. Or Battlestar Galactica. Or 30 Rock. I watch too much TV.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. That's a dumb question.
24. What was the best book you read?
Breaking Dawn. Hahahahaha! Just kidding. East of Eden. Go read it right now. I loved it so much that I still haven't returned it to the library.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rockband. Oh did you mean like an actual music group? Ok. Apocalypse Thursday. What? No, thats not my RockBand band name! Why would you ask...oh shut up. I dig that game.
26. What did you want and get? An SLR camera.
27. What did you want and not get? A macbook. Photography skills. George Clooney.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? For some reason I can only think of like four movies I saw this year, which makes it a toss up between Slum Dog Millionaire and Wall-E.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a joint birthday party with Emily, and I turned 25. I wanted to post pictures at the time, but in every single picture the flash turned my shirt see through and you could see the bra I was wearing remarkably clearly. And I'm sorry but I'm just not that kind of girl.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A plan. And George Clooney.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane? I'm not sure I understand the question.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Do I really have to answer?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care. I know. Who am I? Michael Moore?
35. Who did you miss? My roommates.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Probably Tyra Banks. I mean, we didn't technically meet, but I saw her at the Cheesecake Factory, and that's like practically the same thing. I feel like I soaked up a lot of wisdom just by being in the same room.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Writing things down on your calendar will only help you remember things if when the calendar falls off the wall and behind your bed, you bother to pick it up and put it back on the wall.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I really hate leaving this one blank, but I cannot think of anything.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnddd I'm out! Happy New Year kids! Thanks for occasionally reading this mess!