1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Completed a counseling internship, played charades all night with foreign med students, went retirement community hopping, sang live band karaoke.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, and so I didn't keep them. Or, from a more glass half full perspective, I kept them all!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sarah did! But I think that she was the only one. 2009 was a slow year for the birthings apparently. Oh wait! No, Allison did too! Nevermind 2009, you were fine.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Utah. Utah is like a country...yes?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None. I think I sort of blocked this year from my memory, the same way I blocked junior high. I remember what happened, but it all kind of runs together into one big laughy/weepy blur.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting an A in my Applied Behavior Analysis class. That might sound a little braggy, but let me tell you, I have never worked harder in a class in my ENTIRE LIFE! I may or may not have put my grade on the refrigerator.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Writing ye olde advent blog. See also: staying organized, doing homework, finding balance in my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Same old story.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Macbook, who I named Spock. Because he is from the future. We slow dance every night. Or, maybe my Disneyland pass. I made a lot of good use out of that bad boy this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lacie's, for moving to California and constantly letting me play with her babies!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Should I go ahead and make the obligatory Tiger Woods reference here?
14. Where did most of your money go?
To Cal State friggin LA.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
There were many moments of excitement in 2009, but probably the only one that merits three reallys for me, would be finishing my last final of fall quarter. Three! Week! Vacation!!!!!!!! Oh! And Marianne and Anthony got engaged! That definitely held a level three really excitement factor, but after that the school thing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Probably Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. Jeff? I'm glaring at you.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? the same
c) richer or poorer? poorer
This is the only question I was tempted to lie on, because it's just kind of a bummer. But, honesty at all times, that's my motto! Say, did I mention that 2009 was a little rough around the edges? So yeah yeah yeah, sadder and poorer, here I am. But, optimistic for next year!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping. Exercising. Writing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending money on things I didn't need, and feeling sorry for myself.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house, with cameos provided by the lovely Bianca and Brittany, Kristen and John. Crackers were cracked, foot was ate, and after dinner we all gathered around the computer to watch Johnny Lingo on Youtube. Surprisingly racist! On Christmas day we opened presents, ate more food, and then saw avatar. Which Changed! Movies! Forever!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Chuck, 30 Rock and Firefly. (I don't care if it was canceled, still awesome.)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I considered deleting this question, but I've decided to keep it in case I develop enemies during the course of 2010.
24. What was the best book you read?
I think we can go ahead and classify this years reading choices under the "fluff" catagory of literature. Much like the year I graduated from my undergrad, reading books that were very profound or dense just wasn't in my skill set. So while I read many delightful stories, none of them were exactly East of Eden is what I'm saying. (Don't worry, still haven't returned that bad boy to the library.) So, with that long and needless disclaimer, my favorite books were probably "Hunger Games", by Suzanne Collins, and "The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance" by Elna Baker.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Glee! Shut up.
26. What did you want and get? A macbook, a Flip (thank you mom and dad!), .
27. What did you want and not get? A kindle. A paid internship. George Clooney.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably Up, and Star Trek.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a joint birthday party with Emily again, this time luau themed, and I turned 26! It was super fun, and featured the gift of about thirty fake mustaches. Lauren, have I told you lately that I love you?
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A sense of balance. Also money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
Without a shadow of a doubt, I can say it was my friends. One area that I always feel unfairly blessed in, is the quality of friends I have. I wish I could make each and everyone of you a friendship bracelet that could properly convey how glad I am to have you in my life.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Right now it's probably Nathan Fillion, because when I went to his fake book signing he shook my hand and winked at me sexily. Which is basically like a proposal when you think about it.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care blah blah broken record.
35. Who did you miss? My grandma.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Say it with me: NATHAN FILLION.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
For the love of all that is good and holy, return your video rentals ON TIME .
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You can't always get what you want
No, you can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometime,
you just might find,
you get what you need.
And I'll get by with a little help from my friends.